Here's a thought I came up with:
I found a key to making a relationship work. Be it a committed relationship, family, working relationship, or casual friend relationship, hell, even sexual relationship. The key is knowing what you're committed to and having a partner that is committed to the same thing. Wether its just about having fun, or growing, or staying put, or decay, it must be agreed upon by both. *Damn, that was a mouthful*
The problem with that is... most people dont know or dont have anything they're committed to in life. The majority of us go through life just following the beat of anothers drum. We go to work, to make money... why? We go to school to get a degree... why? No, really... WHY?
Being in the arena I'm in, and because I travel quite a bit, I get into a lot of conversations with people about travelling. One thing I noticed in these conversations is that most of them feel as though they need to save up to go on one. Problem is, they work so hard, put in extra hours at work, and bury themselves in tons of responsibilities to save money, but then it becomes impossible for them to go on vacation. Which is ironic because that's the main reason they did all that in the first place. Again I ask, WHY? Is it because we're stuck in the belief that there is only one set path to a goal? Guess what, there are infinite avenues to accomplishing your goals and dreams.
And what pisses me off about that is this; Most people will fight to stay where they are. "This is just the way I am." Gah!
I dont know where I'm going with that so I'm gonna change the topic.
Steubenville San Diego Catholic Youth Conference---
I'm totally excited to be serving at this years conference. I cant believe its been a year since the last one. I can't even begin to describe the awesome feeling I get seeing the faces of the kids. And on top of that, knowing that they're there mainly because of their love for god and longing to have a better relationship with him, it makes it all the more meaningful.
I'm sad that many of the people I invited wont be there with the rest of us. I'm not gonna dwell on it though because I trust that god has a plan, and everything will turn out the way its supposed to.
Grr.. I'm not thinking straight. Wine got to me.
To be continued...
I found a key to making a relationship work. Be it a committed relationship, family, working relationship, or casual friend relationship, hell, even sexual relationship. The key is knowing what you're committed to and having a partner that is committed to the same thing. Wether its just about having fun, or growing, or staying put, or decay, it must be agreed upon by both. *Damn, that was a mouthful*
The problem with that is... most people dont know or dont have anything they're committed to in life. The majority of us go through life just following the beat of anothers drum. We go to work, to make money... why? We go to school to get a degree... why? No, really... WHY?
Being in the arena I'm in, and because I travel quite a bit, I get into a lot of conversations with people about travelling. One thing I noticed in these conversations is that most of them feel as though they need to save up to go on one. Problem is, they work so hard, put in extra hours at work, and bury themselves in tons of responsibilities to save money, but then it becomes impossible for them to go on vacation. Which is ironic because that's the main reason they did all that in the first place. Again I ask, WHY? Is it because we're stuck in the belief that there is only one set path to a goal? Guess what, there are infinite avenues to accomplishing your goals and dreams.
And what pisses me off about that is this; Most people will fight to stay where they are. "This is just the way I am." Gah!
I dont know where I'm going with that so I'm gonna change the topic.
Steubenville San Diego Catholic Youth Conference---
I'm totally excited to be serving at this years conference. I cant believe its been a year since the last one. I can't even begin to describe the awesome feeling I get seeing the faces of the kids. And on top of that, knowing that they're there mainly because of their love for god and longing to have a better relationship with him, it makes it all the more meaningful.
I'm sad that many of the people I invited wont be there with the rest of us. I'm not gonna dwell on it though because I trust that god has a plan, and everything will turn out the way its supposed to.
Grr.. I'm not thinking straight. Wine got to me.
To be continued...

