The True Story

Saturday, May 01, 2004

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done."

Dear God, if it is your will that I go through all this, is there any way we can rush through it? Is there such a thing as a fast forward button in life? Or perhaps a way to skip to the next part like I do with dvd movies?

I understand from looking back on my life, I HAD to go through all of it to get to where I am today. And I'd like to find comfort in knowing that what I'm going through right now is part of your plan for me, but I'm finding it very difficult because I'm in over my head and I can't see. I'm drowning and I can't breathe.

I tell people all the time, "If its on your plate, you're ready for it. God put it there for a reason." My conscious mind understands that. It's my heart that's having a hard time dealing with it. Help me remember, PLEASE! Help me remember that you already gave me the strength to trust. Help me remember that by your sacrifice on the cross and your gift of the Holy Spirit, I can do anything... even this. Moreso, help my heart find peace. My brain already knows, but I dont think my heart got the memo.

I CANT BREATHE!!!