The True Story

Monday, September 15, 2003

Today, I'm living proof that the old saying is true; "When one door closes, another opens."

I just recently closed a few chapters in my life. Hard as it was, I felt as though it was a good choice. Yeah, I feel heartbroken about it, but in the grand scheme of things, it will all work out. So today at lunch I asked myself, "What am I gonna do with all my free time now?" By dinner time, that question was answered!

So I had dinner at Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Myra's birthday. I was surprised to see some really REALLY old faces there. Faces I hadn't seen since high school. Talk about wow! This friendster thing in real life!

It felt good to re-connect with old friends. Seeing them tonight helped me figure out where I am in my own life and helped me see a more clear picture of where I wanted to be. One of them even said to me right when she saw me, "Hey, I heard you were gonna be a priest." I answered back, "How'd you hear about that?"

I even saw a girl i had a crush on a long time ago. As I watched her tonight, I couldn't help but think, "What was it that attracted me to her so much? Coz whatever it is, I don't see it anymore." Don't get me wrong, she's still hot! But I feel as though my standards of what a beautiful woman is has changed.

Back to my first statement. Tonight, a lot of new doors opened up for me. I'm thankful that God is always with me nomatter what and the fact that God is always working whether I see it or not. I don't feel the need to run around like a religious fanatic to prove that. If I'm gonna be a real Catholic/Christian, I dont need a t-shirt that says that nor do I need a cross around my neck or a rosary in my hand to tell others what I believe in nor do I need to be associated with any group or church to have credentials.

Those are some pretty important lessons I learned tonight. That's huge! Honestly, I don't think I would have been open to them unless I closed some doors first. If I can learn and experience that much over a few hours, image what the rest of my days are gonna look like! I cant wait!