Bad news. It was Jessica's funeral yesterday. She was involved in that accident on the 163 freeway. Yes, she's dead. You'll be in my prayers Jessica.
What hurts about this is that I always made a comment about calling her and her bro to say hello and to catch up. I kept putting it off. Now I'll never get to call her and ask her how she's doing. I can't help but wonder, "What if I did call her? What if I invited them to Cafe Cross Journeys? Would they have been on that freeway at that time?"
I know I know... I'm not blaming myself for her death. I just wonder how "responsible" am I in all this. I know God has a plan in all this and for me, it helps me realize that putting things off till later is no good. Talk about MISSED OPPORTUNITY, huh?
On a lighter note, here's a bit of a summary on my trip to Hawaii.
-- Watched an Air Supply concert
-- Shopped at the local swap meet
-- Went to a beach (just for the scenery... didnt go swimming)
-- Ate hawaiian buffet
-- Went to Mai Tai Bar
-- Went skydiving (yes, that was crazy! but awesome)
-- More shopping
-- Hiked up Diamond Head (the view was beautiful)
-- Had local food (Da Kines just aint cutting it now)
That's my trip in a nutshell. I know that's kinda lacking in terms of feeling and excitement, but if you wanna know more, either ask me or wait for a future post.
There are still a lot of life lessons I got from the trip and from the last few weeks. I'll be posting that as soon as I square things away here at the house. There's a telephone guy here right now hooking up new phone jacks and I should really be paying attention to what he's doing. So I'll add more later.
What hurts about this is that I always made a comment about calling her and her bro to say hello and to catch up. I kept putting it off. Now I'll never get to call her and ask her how she's doing. I can't help but wonder, "What if I did call her? What if I invited them to Cafe Cross Journeys? Would they have been on that freeway at that time?"
I know I know... I'm not blaming myself for her death. I just wonder how "responsible" am I in all this. I know God has a plan in all this and for me, it helps me realize that putting things off till later is no good. Talk about MISSED OPPORTUNITY, huh?
On a lighter note, here's a bit of a summary on my trip to Hawaii.
-- Watched an Air Supply concert
-- Shopped at the local swap meet
-- Went to a beach (just for the scenery... didnt go swimming)
-- Ate hawaiian buffet
-- Went to Mai Tai Bar
-- Went skydiving (yes, that was crazy! but awesome)
-- More shopping
-- Hiked up Diamond Head (the view was beautiful)
-- Had local food (Da Kines just aint cutting it now)
That's my trip in a nutshell. I know that's kinda lacking in terms of feeling and excitement, but if you wanna know more, either ask me or wait for a future post.
There are still a lot of life lessons I got from the trip and from the last few weeks. I'll be posting that as soon as I square things away here at the house. There's a telephone guy here right now hooking up new phone jacks and I should really be paying attention to what he's doing. So I'll add more later.

