The True Story

Thursday, October 09, 2003

10 "Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires; the Kingdom of heaven belongs to them! 11 Happy are you when people insult you and persecute you and tell all kinds of evil lies against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy and glad, for a great reward is kept for you in heaven. This is how the prophets who lived before you were persecuted."

Why shouldn't I feel happy?

I get really tired of these "religious people" who run around acting all nice and humble. I can see right through you! Why? Because I used to be an actor too!

Being a servant of God isnt about behaving the way others behave. Its means being honest about who you really are. Monkeys and certain other animals can mimic human behavior, so does that mean if they mimic the behaviors of saints, they become holy too? NO! The same applies to us. Just because we can take on the personality and behaviors of other people, does that guarantee us the same results they have accomplished?

God molds us into who we are... into who we REALLY are. He puts us in situations and gives us trials and obstacles because he wants us to be unique. We make decisions in our lives based on what WE have been through in our own lives. Nobody else will ever face what we go through. So then, why do we pretend that acting like a riteous person is the way to go? How 'bout stop acting?

A true testament of who we really are comes when we react to something. Say for example you stub your toe. What do you say in your mind? It doesn't matter what comes out of your mouth... even if its "Praise God" if in your mind you're thinking, "FUUUCK!!!" That's honesty right there.

Me, I'm perfectly happy with who I am. I know I have lots of flaws. I know I'm constantly making mistakes. I know I'm far from being holy. But you know what? I know God loves me anyway, and because he does, I love me too! I dont have to pretend to be all loving and nice. I love people. I'm real about that. It may not be expressed the same way as others do, but it doesn't mean I dont love.

Definition of MYSELF - the guy that normally acts and behaves like some kind of saint. The guy who "knows what to say, and when to say it." The guy who everyone loves and admires. The guy who knows what people expect of him and always delivers. Basically, the monkey.

I've denied myself. I've put to death my flesh. And I'm real about it. Wanna know what else is real? -- my happiness in knowing I've done what God wants. Why would I want to pretend I'm not happy?

Jesus died so we wouldn't HAVE TO suffer. If you want to suffer, that's up to you. Suffering is optional. I don't NEED TO suffer. I'll take the hardships... I'll take the criticism... I'll take the obstacles... but I don't have to suffer through it. I can smile.