Second entry today. I found this in my previous blog. Its weird looking back at what used to go on in my life. Here:
Sunday, January 19, 2003
If I were to look back on this in the future, I wonder if I'd know what I was talking about. Here's a time capsule moment; I finally have something personal to say.
Today, my sister woke me up and we decided to have lunch at Golden Chopstix. We actually had a real conversation. It's rare for us to find time to sit together to talk. She told me she had some good news about Dad. I'm glad my father is doing better. I was really starting to wonder how he's been. I'm glad he and the kids (half-brothers) have a working relationship now. I'm glad he's doing something with his life. It was such a relief to hear that. No kidding, as if this weight was lifted off my chest, and I took a long deep breath.
After lunch, we parted ways. She went to church, then I went home. While at home, I did a little research. I stumbled on this website where a man wrote his testimony on his walk with God and his journey. It was kinda long. At first I thought it was cool how he actually spent the time to share. Until I actually started reading. I found myself getting upset and angry. I was like, "Who the hell does this guy think he is? What the hell kind of testimony is this?"
I continued reading and eventually found myself at the end. Oddly enough, when I finally finished, I was so moved by what he shared, I leaned back in my chair in amazement. I sat there in silence for several minutes and then I got up, went to the living room, and had a little conversation with Jesus. Afterwards, I took a moment to reflect on some things before getting ready for church.
Mass today was quite an interesting experience. Usually, I miss out on the whole celebration coz of the choir responsibilities. Today was different. I experienced the mass and I found myself feeling the mass. Something I haven't been able to do in a long time. I was all smiles.
Then came our Young Adult Service. It was a very moving experience. Mike led the prayer service and activities... nice! Then we celebrated our Christmas party, ate food, laughed, and had our gift exchange.
To sum it all up, here's what I have to say:Life is too precious. If you sit around and complain about things, you miss out on so much. Live in the moment. When that moment passes, let it go. Whatever was worthwhile in that moment, keep it in your heart. Keep moving forward. Don't worry, there's more to come.
Honestly, I don't really know what I'm trying to convey to you. All I really know is that today, my life makes more sense than it did yesterday. I understand my purpose and my goal. In my reflection, I realized that I'm not going to care about what people think about me. I'm gonna go forward doing the work that needs to be done. I'm not gonna complain anymore. I'm not gonna be afraid anymore. I'm just gonna "do it" nomatter what.
If it takes the rest of my life to help even just ONE person find Christ, I'll do it.
Sunday, January 19, 2003
If I were to look back on this in the future, I wonder if I'd know what I was talking about. Here's a time capsule moment; I finally have something personal to say.
Today, my sister woke me up and we decided to have lunch at Golden Chopstix. We actually had a real conversation. It's rare for us to find time to sit together to talk. She told me she had some good news about Dad. I'm glad my father is doing better. I was really starting to wonder how he's been. I'm glad he and the kids (half-brothers) have a working relationship now. I'm glad he's doing something with his life. It was such a relief to hear that. No kidding, as if this weight was lifted off my chest, and I took a long deep breath.
After lunch, we parted ways. She went to church, then I went home. While at home, I did a little research. I stumbled on this website where a man wrote his testimony on his walk with God and his journey. It was kinda long. At first I thought it was cool how he actually spent the time to share. Until I actually started reading. I found myself getting upset and angry. I was like, "Who the hell does this guy think he is? What the hell kind of testimony is this?"
I continued reading and eventually found myself at the end. Oddly enough, when I finally finished, I was so moved by what he shared, I leaned back in my chair in amazement. I sat there in silence for several minutes and then I got up, went to the living room, and had a little conversation with Jesus. Afterwards, I took a moment to reflect on some things before getting ready for church.
Mass today was quite an interesting experience. Usually, I miss out on the whole celebration coz of the choir responsibilities. Today was different. I experienced the mass and I found myself feeling the mass. Something I haven't been able to do in a long time. I was all smiles.
Then came our Young Adult Service. It was a very moving experience. Mike led the prayer service and activities... nice! Then we celebrated our Christmas party, ate food, laughed, and had our gift exchange.
To sum it all up, here's what I have to say:Life is too precious. If you sit around and complain about things, you miss out on so much. Live in the moment. When that moment passes, let it go. Whatever was worthwhile in that moment, keep it in your heart. Keep moving forward. Don't worry, there's more to come.
Honestly, I don't really know what I'm trying to convey to you. All I really know is that today, my life makes more sense than it did yesterday. I understand my purpose and my goal. In my reflection, I realized that I'm not going to care about what people think about me. I'm gonna go forward doing the work that needs to be done. I'm not gonna complain anymore. I'm not gonna be afraid anymore. I'm just gonna "do it" nomatter what.
If it takes the rest of my life to help even just ONE person find Christ, I'll do it.

