More than anything, this is a reaction to a blog about a blog. Yes, its about marriage. Prepare for a lot of reading if you really want to know.
*Pause for several minutes*
I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to type this out. It’s flowing in my head, but can’t seem to get it down on here.
See, the blog was written by a guy sharing his two-cents on men committing to the women they’re in a relationship with. He seems to think that if a guy hasn’t proposed marriage in a relationship, he’s probably just killing time waiting for something better to come along OR he’s unsure of his partner and is hoping the situation will improve. Whether he has justifiable “reasons” such as waiting to graduate, or getting that job, or moving in to his new place, ultimately, he’s not going to commit. All these can be accomplished with a fiancée or wife. In the end he asks his female readers to reassess their relationships and look at the honest truth; “It’s not that complicated” he says.
I don’t usually agree nor do I disagree as a reaction to someone’s opinion. Those of you that know me well enough know that I challenge everything. In this case, I cannot. I actually believe he has a valid point. Why wouldn’t a man propose marriage to the woman he’s been in a relationship with if he loves her? It doesn’t take five years to figure it out. It shouldn’t even take two or three years.
I get the feeling that at this point some people are probably reacting and thinking, “Well, how would you know?” And they’d probably say things like, “You don’t know what its like to be in our shoes.” Some of you probably think I’m talking about you! Well, I’m not. To be quite honest, I was going to talk about ME. But if you’re one of those people that think this is meant to push your buttons or poke at your life… get over yourself. This is MY blog. Although you might want to consider this an opportunity to explore, question, and discover your life and your relationships.
*Moving on*
I had an epiphany last week. I don’t believe its coincidence, but a buddy of mine and I were talking about the topic of marriage. I think it spawned from a question Dennis’ mom asked me. She said, “When are you getting married? None of you guys re married yet. Are you having like a contest or something?”
I laughed. But I also thought about it. She was right! None of us had tied the knot! Not that age is the issue, but sure enough, we are all creeping on 30. One would think that at least a handful of us should have/would have been married by now. Obviously we’re not. It led me to wonder why.
Stay tuned for Part 2...
*Pause for several minutes*
I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to type this out. It’s flowing in my head, but can’t seem to get it down on here.
See, the blog was written by a guy sharing his two-cents on men committing to the women they’re in a relationship with. He seems to think that if a guy hasn’t proposed marriage in a relationship, he’s probably just killing time waiting for something better to come along OR he’s unsure of his partner and is hoping the situation will improve. Whether he has justifiable “reasons” such as waiting to graduate, or getting that job, or moving in to his new place, ultimately, he’s not going to commit. All these can be accomplished with a fiancée or wife. In the end he asks his female readers to reassess their relationships and look at the honest truth; “It’s not that complicated” he says.
I don’t usually agree nor do I disagree as a reaction to someone’s opinion. Those of you that know me well enough know that I challenge everything. In this case, I cannot. I actually believe he has a valid point. Why wouldn’t a man propose marriage to the woman he’s been in a relationship with if he loves her? It doesn’t take five years to figure it out. It shouldn’t even take two or three years.
I get the feeling that at this point some people are probably reacting and thinking, “Well, how would you know?” And they’d probably say things like, “You don’t know what its like to be in our shoes.” Some of you probably think I’m talking about you! Well, I’m not. To be quite honest, I was going to talk about ME. But if you’re one of those people that think this is meant to push your buttons or poke at your life… get over yourself. This is MY blog. Although you might want to consider this an opportunity to explore, question, and discover your life and your relationships.
*Moving on*
I had an epiphany last week. I don’t believe its coincidence, but a buddy of mine and I were talking about the topic of marriage. I think it spawned from a question Dennis’ mom asked me. She said, “When are you getting married? None of you guys re married yet. Are you having like a contest or something?”
I laughed. But I also thought about it. She was right! None of us had tied the knot! Not that age is the issue, but sure enough, we are all creeping on 30. One would think that at least a handful of us should have/would have been married by now. Obviously we’re not. It led me to wonder why.
Stay tuned for Part 2...

