The True Story

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Nevermind. I'll keep posting in here.

This is what a psych test told me about me. I think its pretty accurate. This is verbatum except for the fact that I changed it into the first person. Here goes.

Ok. Ready? I like to chase the novel and complex. I have faith in my ability to overcome any challenges I face. I am highly independent. I value adaptability and innovation. I encourage and value change.

I need freedom for action. I resist hierarchy and structure. I push against all odds to further my projects with my entrepreneurial tendencies. I can argue and find the flaws in any position.

I rarely accept things just as they are. I like to test new meanings and relationships. When I don't get what I want; I use my cleverness and ingenuity to bring people around to my point of view. When I choose a career, I tend to set flexible goals that allow me to incorporate new information and accommodate to new circumstances.

"Keep your options open" is my middle name. I like to explore the "road not taken." My flexibility can look like indecision to others who don't have a clue about me. I take advantage of opportunities. I realize the potential of many things because of my ability to see connections and relationships between SEEMINGLY unrelated things. I cannot be ordered around, but rather handle things best when they are “suggestions”... like posting more on the Storm Palace BBS. I love excitement.

Competence is key to me. I don't take advice or respect someone I don't see as competent. I want work to be enjoyable. I'm a relentless learner. Knowledge is important to me. I use my enthusiasm to get others involved in my learning. I learn through give-and-take discussions and by questioning and challenging others. I like challenging my teachers and colleagues. Limitations are mere challenges to me. I take initiative, and once the ball is rolling, I like to turn it over to someone else.

I like to organize logically and strategically. My workspace might not LOOK organized, but underneath it all is a system that works for me. I like to have an impact. I need a job that allows me to be innovative. I like to take risks and explore. An open calendar for the weekend is really appealing. I'm often "in on the latest things." I like travel, 'cause it allows me to open up new vistas and horizons (corny, huh?).

Falling in love happens when there's a good "fit" with another person. I often know after the first meeting whether there's any "real potential." I may not like to commit until that right person comes along therefore I probably won't settle down early. I don't like to lose at ANYTHING I undertake. I'm a born enterpriser.

Things to be on guard for: I have a great fear of looking dumb or incompetent. I may tend to think I have the perfect solutions for problems, and may become competitive when others challenge me. I might start to think that I'm the only one who's in on the truth of things, so I might not like to listen to the input of others. I may have the tendency to overextend myself as I jump in on lots of ideas without considering how long it takes to work them through. I commit to too many projects. I am a rebel. I find it difficult to accept standard operating procedures and hate HAVING to follow exact rules or policies. I learn to work within the system.

Some Famous "people like me"

Alexander the Great
Confederate General J. E. B. Stuart
Sir Walter Raleigh

Fictional:

Mercutio, from Romeo and Juliet
Horace Rumpole, from John Mortimer's Rumpole of the Bailey series
Dorothy L. Sayers's detective Lord Peter Wimsey