Yikes! Fallin' behind again.
Had a pretty long and very eventful weekend. Re-audited the Basic and boy do I feel good!! It was a very good refresher course for me. I had forgotten about a lot of the tools and techniques but being there from Thursday to Sunday really made a difference. Oh yeah, Sherwin took it. That was awesome! We got teamwork going on now and I'm totally looking forward to watching him grow. Its great that now we can support each other on a much higher level. Wahoo!
I guess this blog wouldn't be complete unless I shared some thoughts on the fires going on down here. I've been describing this whole experience as surreal. Its not something one would really expect to deal with. I've been all over town and all I really get is smoke and ash everywhere I go. Its an odd feeling knowing that just a few miles away are huge fires that have been burning peoples homes. I'm not just talking about houses... I'm talking about homes. How sad is that?
I was watching the news yesterday and there was the report of a new fire that started in the Otay Lakes area. I was looking at the fire in the background of the broadcast and thought to myself, "Hey, that view looks very familiar." As the news continued, the camera pans back and then I said again, "Hey, that view looks very VERY familar. I've seen that mountain view before. I've seen that lake before. And I definitely know that plot of dirt she's standing on. Hey! That's the street corner of the house my sister and I just bought! HOLY CRAP!!" Good thing the house isn't built yet coz the fire seems to be getting closer and closer to that site. Haha!
It was a really strange feeling that morning I woke up and saw all the smoke. It was just yesterday, duh! But I was headed over to the seminar and was on the freeway (still wearing my sunglasses) when I noticed how dark it got all of a sudden. It looked like I was heading into a dark tunnel. Everything ahead of me was dark and what made it so odd was when I'd look through the rear-view mirrors, there was still sunlight and a whole lot of glare. It was kinda symbolic of my life.
Going back to the Basic was yet another benchmark for me in my life. I learned a lot about myself again. Yes, knowledge and awareness wont get me anywhere, but in knowing who I am and what I'm capable of, I can move forward and do what I should do. Like Tim said, "Take your awareness to Starbucks and see if it gets you anything. Coz it sure as hell won't get you a cup of coffee."
I can read the bible over and over. I can study and learn every little thing about Jesus' journeys. I can read all about saints and martyrs. I can read every book there is to read about faith and spirituality. But if I still have my walls up, then none of that will matter. Why would it make a difference if I can quote scripture or know the dates and all the inspiring writings of saints but I don't know who I am or what I'm made of? Why would it matter if I earn a degree or masters in Theology if at the first sign of trouble I choke?
The Phoenix analogy... I know where I am. Now, I know which way to go. LETS DO IT!!
I don't know what lies ahead of me. All I know is where I'm going. There's gonna be a lot of unknown up ahead. There's gonna be lots of dark areas where I won't see two feet in front of me. I'm gonna keep going. Much like yesterday morning. I knew I was headed to the PSI office for the seminar. Up ahead of me all I saw was darkness and ashes falling. I didn't know if the roads were closed or even if it was safe for me to keep going. But I kept going. I think that's a good way to start yet another new life. No more playing it safe. No more trying to feel comfortable. No more playing it small. That wont do any good for myself or anyone around me. Enough said.
Had a pretty long and very eventful weekend. Re-audited the Basic and boy do I feel good!! It was a very good refresher course for me. I had forgotten about a lot of the tools and techniques but being there from Thursday to Sunday really made a difference. Oh yeah, Sherwin took it. That was awesome! We got teamwork going on now and I'm totally looking forward to watching him grow. Its great that now we can support each other on a much higher level. Wahoo!
I guess this blog wouldn't be complete unless I shared some thoughts on the fires going on down here. I've been describing this whole experience as surreal. Its not something one would really expect to deal with. I've been all over town and all I really get is smoke and ash everywhere I go. Its an odd feeling knowing that just a few miles away are huge fires that have been burning peoples homes. I'm not just talking about houses... I'm talking about homes. How sad is that?
I was watching the news yesterday and there was the report of a new fire that started in the Otay Lakes area. I was looking at the fire in the background of the broadcast and thought to myself, "Hey, that view looks very familiar." As the news continued, the camera pans back and then I said again, "Hey, that view looks very VERY familar. I've seen that mountain view before. I've seen that lake before. And I definitely know that plot of dirt she's standing on. Hey! That's the street corner of the house my sister and I just bought! HOLY CRAP!!" Good thing the house isn't built yet coz the fire seems to be getting closer and closer to that site. Haha!
It was a really strange feeling that morning I woke up and saw all the smoke. It was just yesterday, duh! But I was headed over to the seminar and was on the freeway (still wearing my sunglasses) when I noticed how dark it got all of a sudden. It looked like I was heading into a dark tunnel. Everything ahead of me was dark and what made it so odd was when I'd look through the rear-view mirrors, there was still sunlight and a whole lot of glare. It was kinda symbolic of my life.
Going back to the Basic was yet another benchmark for me in my life. I learned a lot about myself again. Yes, knowledge and awareness wont get me anywhere, but in knowing who I am and what I'm capable of, I can move forward and do what I should do. Like Tim said, "Take your awareness to Starbucks and see if it gets you anything. Coz it sure as hell won't get you a cup of coffee."
I can read the bible over and over. I can study and learn every little thing about Jesus' journeys. I can read all about saints and martyrs. I can read every book there is to read about faith and spirituality. But if I still have my walls up, then none of that will matter. Why would it make a difference if I can quote scripture or know the dates and all the inspiring writings of saints but I don't know who I am or what I'm made of? Why would it matter if I earn a degree or masters in Theology if at the first sign of trouble I choke?
The Phoenix analogy... I know where I am. Now, I know which way to go. LETS DO IT!!
I don't know what lies ahead of me. All I know is where I'm going. There's gonna be a lot of unknown up ahead. There's gonna be lots of dark areas where I won't see two feet in front of me. I'm gonna keep going. Much like yesterday morning. I knew I was headed to the PSI office for the seminar. Up ahead of me all I saw was darkness and ashes falling. I didn't know if the roads were closed or even if it was safe for me to keep going. But I kept going. I think that's a good way to start yet another new life. No more playing it safe. No more trying to feel comfortable. No more playing it small. That wont do any good for myself or anyone around me. Enough said.

